Join us for a fulfilling & worthwhile career in social care
We don’t need you to have experience, just a passion for social care and making a positive difference. We support differently. Can you?
We offer you…
The opportunity to work in one of Scotland’s leading social care and community development charities; helping people achieve their individual hopes and dreams every day.
We support you…
To develop a fulfilling and rewarding career. Beginning with a warm and friendly Carr Gomm welcome, we’ll inspire you under the leadership of a knowledgeable manager. We provide a full induction, regular supervision, and team meetings to ensure you maximise your potential.
Developing your career by helping you register as a professional social care practitioner with the Scottish Social Services Council, we also pay for and support you to complete your vocational SVQ3 training.
We reward you…
As an Accredited Living Wage employer, we believe in rewarding commitment, so your remuneration is enhanced with length of service and relevant qualifications.
With support worker salaries from £21,509 – £22,800 (pro rata) per annum / £11.00 – £11.66 based on qualifications, skills and experience, we also offer a range of great benefits:
- a permanent contract, working either full-time (37.5hrs/week) or part-time hours
- time and a half payment for hours worked over 37.5 hours per week (averaged over the month)
- anti-social hours payment of up to £1042 when undertaking waking night shifts (11pm-7am)
- additional mileage payment of 45p per mile
- a comprehensive induction, continual professional development including SVQ qualification which is paid by Carr Gomm and career progression opportunities
- 35 days’ holiday per year and a sell-back annual leave scheme
- recommend a Friend Scheme (T&Cs apply)
- enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and sick leave
- a Defined Contribution pension scheme, with incremental employer contributions
- membership of a credit union
- cycle to work scheme
- a comprehensive set of perks and benefits delivered via Lifeworks
- discounts with leading hotels, and more!
*Based on all permanent support practitioner roles
We will involve you…
In shaping the future of our organisation. Without ideas, we’ll never know how to do things better. Futures is our innovative staff forum; designed to champion change and improvements.