We offer support services for people with a wide range of learning disabilities throughout Scotland.
Our support complements the Scottish Government’s Keys to Life strategy, focusing on supporting healthy lives, maximising people’s choice and control, and increasing independence and active citizenship.
Desired personal outcomes may include:
- Managing one’s home, tenancy and personal finances
- Building and maintaining relationships with family and friends
- Shopping and cooking healthy meals on a budget
- Communicating effectively, especially without words, and understanding behaviour
- Enjoying education, work or volunteering
- Attending social activities, connecting with local resources and trying new things
All of our staff are fully trained in Positive Behaviour Support (PBS). PBS is PROACT-SCIPr-UK accredited, focusing on positive approaches, least restrictive interventions, and the empowerment of the individual.
We aim to view all behaviour as communication, encouraging their reflective practice, with clear guidance and procedures on how to maximise engagement whilst reducing the risk of harm.
We are tenacious and do not give up on people.
Our specially trained practitioners have considerable experience and skills in developing strong support relationships and positively persisting with people to engage in support and community activities.
For further information or to discuss support options, contact us online or on 0300 666 3030