Is developed to complement the Scottish Government’s Strategy for Autism, and is focused on communicating consistently and clearly to ensure that we complement people’s perception of the world around them, thereby supporting people to live an independent and fulfilled life safely and well in their own home as an integral part of their community.
We do not deny the reality that many people find the world overwhelming, but we choose to focus on people’s interests, strengths and dreams for the future. Support plans may include guidelines and outcomes describing:
- Daily structures and routines
- Clear communication protocols that support positive ways of being
- Maximising independence in the home, including with medication, finances, personal care, and health and wellbeing
- Maintaining and developing relationships
- Enjoying education, employment or volunteering
Our practitioners are…
Specially trained to understand why people with autism think, react and behave in particular ways, and thereafter to develop techniques and strategies to support each person safely and well, for example with .
Our expert group…
ATLAS (Autism Training, Learning, and Support) provides information, training and guidance to teams across the organisation, and adds value to the work of individual practitioners to ensure we can support people to live the full and meaningful life they choose.