Help & Support FAQs

How do I get support?
Whatever your reasons for wanting support, we’ll try and help. Please telephone us on 0300 666 3030 and we will talk through what is possible.

Alternatively, you can get in touch via our contact form.

How do I pay for support?
If you are in contact with your Social Work department, you can request an assessment and you may be eligible for statutory support, including SDS.

If you are not eligible or do not want to involve Social Work, you can pay for your support yourself.

In either case, we will agree payment terms with you. You can find out more about paying for your support here.

What is Self-Directed Support (SDS)?
Self-Directed Support (SDS) is available to anyone in Scotland who has been assessed by their local Health and Social Care Partnership – Council and Health Board together – as requiring support to meet their agreed outcomes. SDS legislation aims to give people as much choice and control as they want about how their support is organised, managed and delivered.

You can find out more on our SDS page, or you can talk to us about SDS by calling us on 0300 666 3030 or emailing

What support do you provide?

Carr Gomm helps with any area of someone’s life: from small things to being fully involved in all aspects of someone’s life. You can read more about the various ways we support people here.