We offer community-based and recovery-focused support services for people with addictions in Scotland.
Our support is developed in line with the Scottish Government’s The Road to Recovery and the Quality Principles. It is focused on reducing harm and supporting you to access high-quality long-term treatment. We will assist you in making safe, positive life choices and improving your health and well-being, enabling you to move on from problem addictions to live an independent and fulfilled life.
We’ll start by agreeing a support plan that is unique to you and brings consistency to your support.
Our friendly and skilled staff can support you in a wide variety of ways:
- Connecting with local resources and support networks
- Looking after your home and managing your tenancy
- Shopping and cooking healthy meals on a budget
- Managing your finances and accessing benefits
- Managing your medication
- Building relationships with family and friends
- Attending social activities and trying new things
- Getting into education, work or volunteering
- Building resilience and developing self-help skills
All of our staff undergo specialist addictions and recovery training that promotes and develops good practice in supporting you to recover.
Our staff have considerable experience and skills in developing strong support relationships, breaking down barriers and encouraging people to engage in other support services and community activities. We are tenacious and do not give up on those who find it difficult to engage in support or have previously dropped out of support.
Carr Gomm supports people with a range of needs and offers individualised help that is right for them. Click to read about some of the incredible people Carr Gomm supports.