We offer a variety of support for people with dementia in Scotland.
Our support is developed in line with the Scottish Government’s national dementia strategy, and are focused on maximising independence, accessing appropriate medications, and enabling people to live as independent and fulfilled life as possible alongside those important to them.
We do not deny the reality that many people with a diagnosis of dementia find the world increasingly confusing and frustrating, but we choose to focus on people’s interests, strengths and dreams yet to be realised.
A support plan may include:
- Maximising independence in the home, including with medication, health and wellbeing, and adapted environments
- Connecting with local resources and support networks
- Managing finances and accessing appropriate benefits
- Communicating well with family and friends
- Staying involved in social activities and choosing to try new things
Our specially trained practitioners have considerable experience and skills in developing strong support relationships. Read Vinny’s story to see how we empowering people living with dementia to live well and stay connected to their community.
Carr Gomm supports people with a range of needs and offers individualised help that is right for them. Click to read about some of the incredible people Carr Gomm supports.