We offer a variety of support for people with dementia in Scotland.
Our support is developed in line with the Scottish Government’s national dementia strategy, and are focused on maximising independence, accessing appropriate medications, and enabling people to live as independent and fulfilled life as possible alongside those important to them.
We do not deny the reality that many people with a diagnosis of dementia find the world increasingly confusing and frustrating, but we choose to focus on people’s interests, strengths and dreams yet to be realised.
A support plan may include:
- Remaining valued as a person we all care about
- Maximising independence in the home, including with medication, health and wellbeing, and adapted environments
- Connecting with local resources and support networks
- Managing finances and accessing appropriate benefits
- Communicating well with family and friends
- Staying involved in social activities and choosing to try new things
We are tenacious and do not give up on people, even as the dementia appears to change their personalities.
Our specially trained practitioners have considerable experience and skills in developing strong support relationships and positively persisting with people to live well and remain involved with community activities.
For further information or to arrange support, contact us online or on 0300 666 3030