Spring into a new role!
Could your values make a difference to people? We focus on people’s abilities, whether that is the people we support, or on your skills and experience from your social care or other career. We have part time, full time, and night shift roles available.
We all need support, at times, with something.
Disabilities and abilities are not too different – they can be visible, and sometimes, they can be hidden. We enable people to better manage the challenges they face in their lives, by working with them to recognise and build upon their strengths. And often we do this by listening to people, really listening, and working out a plan of support to help.
Forth Valley services
We support a range of individuals who are as individual as you are; David, who is out and about in town so much we have to check with him if he’s going to be in for his support; Rose, who loves to go to theatres and watch her favourite musicals; Richard, who needs support with his night time routines so he avoids staying up most of the night; Janice, who wants to reconnect with her family. Our support is delivered anytime from a few hours per week to 24-hour support.
Understanding the role
These roles will involve different aspects of supporting people, including:
- Social Support to ensure people have a valued role in their community.
- Medication Support to keep people safe with their prescribed medication.
- Personal Care to assist people to maintain their wellbeing, which would include assistance with bathing, dressing, incontinence care, peg feeding, stoma care, and arranging visits with the dentist/doctor.
- Practical Support to helping people to maintain their tenancy by encouraging and helping with daily household tasks such as general housework, laundry, ironing, cooking, shopping.
Who you are as a person is more important than your experience – so if you think you fancy a change, and have the right values to make a difference, why don’t you apply for a Support Practitioner post in one of our services across Falkirk and Stirling? Just complete the form below. The best applicants tell us what it is about themselves that make them a good fit for the role!
- 35 days’ holiday per year (pro rata)
- Time and a half payment for any time worked over 37.5 hours per week
- Carr Gomm will reimburse the SSSC fee for all new workers applying for SSSC registration
- Anti-social hours enhancement payment of up to £1042 when undertaking waking night shifts (from 11pm to 7am)
- Recommend a Friend Scheme (T&Cs apply)
- Additional mileage contributions of 45p per mile
- Fully funded SVQ qualification with support from a dedicated team
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, and sick leave
- A Defined Contribution pension scheme, with incremental employer contributions
- Membership to Lifeworks; employee well-being and perks platform
- Membership of a credit union
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts with leading hotels; and more!