Community Link Working
Community Link Working offers non-clinical one-to-one support to people in contact with GP practices.
Carr Gomms Approach
Our Community Link Working Is based on our person-centred values and a human rights-based approach.
Our Community Link Workers take the time to understand the concerns impacting on people’s health and well-being, supporting people in identifying the problems and issues they are experiencing.
From here, we co-create a bespoke outcomes-focussed action plan that truly reflects each person’s priorities and concerns.
We aim to…
Support people to achieve these goals by enabling them to identify and access relevant resources and services in their local community.
Whilst each person’s experiences are unique, there are common themes around which people seek support to improve their health, well-being and participation in life, including:
- Attending social activities, connecting with local resources and trying new things
- Enjoying education, employment or volunteering
- Maximising independence in the home, including supporting people with housing, finances and welfare benefits
- Building and maintaining relationships with family, friends and other networks, including breaking down social isolation
- Building and maintaining healthy lifestyles, including cooking healthy meals on a budget and introducing exercise
For further information on our Community Link Working approach, please contact us via our online form or give us a call on 0300 666 3030.